Sêr Cymru Postgraduate Conference 2017
NRN PhD Conference - 11th September 2017
This September will once again bring together PhD students from across the National Research Networks three disciplines; Advanced Engineering and Materials, Life Science and Low Carbon, Energy and Environment to showcase the best scientific research from across Wales.
The conference will foster networking between NRN PhD students, giving them the opportunity to showcase their research to their peers and wider research community within Wales.
Conference and Registration Fees
The conference is open to all NRN-PhD students and invited guests only. Each NRN will cover the cost for travel and accommodation and admission to the event is free of charge, however registration for this event is essential.
*Please Remember to Note Your Choice of Accomodation (details below) when Registering for this Event.*
Poster Submission and Guidance
Posters need to clearly summarise your research to attract interest to your theme. Please be aware that your poster will be viewed by students from outside your thematic area and you therefore need to think about this in the design. Do not include any information or data that is sensitive - the event will be closed but members of the public may be able to access the RWCMD. Posters are in A1 portrait style and need to be signed off by your supervisor before being submitted in PDF format to the Life Sciences Research Network who will print your poster without charge and arrange display at the venue.
Guidelines for Poster Submission
- All Posters must be A1 Portrait Style
- No sensitive information and or data to be included
- All Posters must adhere to the template provided for their relevant NRN
- All Posters will be viewed by others who are outside of your thematic area
- All Posters must be signed off by your supervisor before submission
- All Posters must be submitted in PDF form
- Submission deadline Friday 9th June 2017
All students will need to prepare and bring a 5 minute power-point presentation to the conference consisting of 5 slides summarising their research. Three students will then be selected following an afternoon group-work activity, to deliver their 5 minute presentations in the auditorium towards the end of the day.
Students are expected to arrange their own travel arrangements to Cardiff, but please contact the NRN AEM Project Manager or Project Assistant to enquire about potential car-sharing options.
The Life Sciences Research Network will meet the cost of overnight stays at the Holiday Inn Cardiff Central on the following basis:
- Students travelling from Aberystwyth and Bangor: Up to 2 nights on Sunday 10th/Monday 11th September
- Students travelling from Swansea: 1 night stay on either Sunday 10th or Monday 11th September